Saturday 23 April 2011

Open Question: First Time Camping Experience in NEW YORK!!!?

Okeydokey, I need some New York campers (that sounded lame) to help me pick out a sweet camping site. So me and a few friends want to go camping to celebrate our first year of college completed and I'm in charge of arranging everything. Personally, I've never been camping but wanted to since I was a kid. Ideally, I'd like to find a nice camping area in New York that isn't "family-oriented," in other words, secluded but environmentally beautiful. Somewhere where we can build a small camp fire for barbecuing, preferably near a lake where we can swim and/or fish. Are there any sites like this in New York? (Out of state sites are fine too; We're willing to make the trip) Where and what do I have to do to arrange this? Do I have to call and reserve a spot? Also, how much money do we need in order to make this trip as comfortable as possible? (We have 4 people going, including myself). If we go, it'll probably be for a weekend or so (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Source:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110420201021AAr7oAH

backpacking tips nps map camping campgrounds recreational vehicle campgrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment